A red coat is a must have statement piece to complete your winter wardrobe. The H&M coat featured in this post is easy to dress up with heels and accessories, and also dress down by wearing it over jeans, t-shirt and a pair of trainers. The oversized collar coupled with the boucle texture gives off an effortless yet sophisticated vibe. I’m also loving my accessories here: The chain bag is from Zara and the gold rings with pearl detailing are from Aldo.
I have a love-hate relationship with the striped paper-bag pants. It is a great piece to wear to work or an event. However, my only bone of contention is how flat they make my behind look (lol). The cut does give you curves on the sides by cinching the waist; however, it does nothing for girls like me with a modest behind.
These heels are my current favourite footwear to dress up any outfit in the winter. I love to describe the heels as a refined representation of the sock boot trend; it instantly upgrades any outfit. My only advice would be to avoid walking in the snow with these if you don’t like to fall. Final verdict on this outfit is a YAY! The red coat is a current favorite and the most likely place I’d wear this to is a work event.
Now let’s talk about this girl in the red coat. Here’s 25 questions answered to give you a little insight about your girl!
1. What does your name mean? My full name is Olaoluwa which means “wealth of God”
2. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their aura, energy or disposition; whatever you’d like to call it. I love people that give off positive energy and that are easy to talk to.
3. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? Japan! Ah that was an amazing trip. A week in Asia with my best friends attending the most beautiful wedding. Read more about this trip here.
4. Do you have any special talents? I like to think I’m pretty multitalented. I’m relatively smart, can sing (although my voice needs some work at the moment). Other things I do pretty well: creative writing, speaking, cooking, and event planning/hosting! Oh I just noticed the question said “special” talents. Lol I think I just listed hobbies… oh well.
5. What are your hobbies? See question 4 lol
6. Do you have any siblings? An older sister and younger brother <3
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A neurosurgeon (no I’m not kidding)
8. What is your favorite cocktail? I’m a Cosmo girl
9. How would you describe your style? I’d say chic, put together, modern feminine- still exploring my style tbh.
10. iPhone v Android? iPhone no question (lowkey Apple to step-up with the iPhone features)
11. Coke vs Pepsi? I’d rather have Fanta or Sprite
12. Where were you born? Lagos, Nigeria
13. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy Endings!
14. Do you have kids? Nope
15. Extrovert or Introvert? Introvert. I love my company and I can be really quiet in a group setting. On the other hand,I do love going out with my friends and meeting new people. I guess that makes me a combination of both.
16. Typical night out? Dinner dates or going out for drinks and dessert with friends (food is always involved lol)
17. When is your Birthday? July 31st (shout out to July babies!)
18. Name 3 Fears? Honestly, I stopped having fears. I believe I am the beloved of God so I have nothing to fear fam. If God is for you, who can be against you right?
19. 3 things I love? I LOVE God, my family/friends and cake
20. Last song I listened to? “Yahweh by Elevation Worship”
21. Favourite music genre? R&B, Alternative R&B and Gospel. I love some Afrobeat for working out or when I feel like dancing.
22. Someone I miss? My parents
23. TV Shows or Movies? TV Shows ofcourse. My faves are Grey’s Anatomy, This is Us and How to get away with Murder, to name a few
24. Favorite places to shop? Zara, H&M and Mango
25. Favorite color? Pink![BONUS]
Words I live by: I have so many from scripture. One I’ll say I try to live by is from Matthew 22: 37-39
“37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
That wraps up 30 questions about me! Please leave a comment with any further questions you may have.